The Unit UMR S (Unité de recherche mixte en santé) 707 at INSERM is recruiting an animator/recruiter/communication expert for the implementation in France of the WP5 Internet-based Monitoring System for Influenza Surveillance. The platform will thus represent the French node of the Influenzanet Surveillance Network.
Details for the job position can be found here.
A new public release of the Work Package 4 GLEaMviz simulator is now available!
The main difference of this new update relates to the simulations’ output data that can be retrieved after execution to be visualized and analyzed. It is indeed now possible for GLEaMviz users to download from the server the simulation’s output of multiple compartments at the same time, separately, and then choose to visualize and analyze them one by one or aggregate them in a flexible way in the visualization window.
Additional improvements have been added to this release, including the possibility to visualize an arbitrary number of plot charts in the visualization window and to immediately save the data of a plot chart to a file for subsequent analysis.
The new features have been documented in the updated version of the manual, which can be found here.
The Global Epidemic and Mobility model developed by the Epiwork WP4 (“Computational Modeling Platform”) teams has been used to generate an animation that displays the evolution of the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic on the Science On a Sphere® , a large visualization system that uses computers and video projectors to display animated data onto the outside of a sphere. The animation (see here) allows Science On a Sphere® users to learn about the epidemic spreading on the global scale.
Science On a Sphere® was initially developed as a way to explore environmental data using new visualization techniques and its is now used as unique and powerful teaching tool. Science On a Sphere is installed at an increasing number of sites around the world. The current list of installation locations can be found here.
- GLEaMviz simulator: new public release with multiple output data July 29th, 2011
- * GLobal Epidemic and Mobility model is on “Science on a Sphere” May 26th, 2011
- New paper on BMC Infectious Disease on adjusting the estimated cases of flu during the pandemic, by using internet-based surveillance April 12th, 2011
- GLEaMviz Simulator: new software release and BMC publication March 4th, 2011
- New paper in Plos ONE on human mobility restrictions measures against the global spreading of H1N1pdm influenza February 2nd, 2011
- New publication on the Internet-based surveillance of Influenza-like Illness in UK during the H1N1 pandemic December 29th, 2010
- Second Workshop Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences, CMAF | Lisbon University, 2-4 February 2011 December 22nd, 2010
- Influenzanet @ehealth2010 December 14th, 2010
- Epiwork second project meeting November 29th, 2010
- Public release of the Epidemic Marketplace November 29th, 2010
- Epidemic Planet flies to the US November 29th, 2010
- Epiwork team at ECCS2010 September 14th, 2010
- Epiwork@COSI-ICT Workshop: Towards a Science of Socially Intelligent ICT July 16th, 2010
- Epidemic Market Place featured in Computational Biology issue of ERCIM news magazine July 14th, 2010
- New publication comparing large-scale computational approaches to epidemic spreading July 14th, 2010
- Epiwork @ ESOF 2010 June 28th, 2010
- GLEaMviz Simulator goes public! June 25th, 2010
- Epiwork at European Parliament in Strasbourg April 15th, 2010
- Epidemic Planet at Edinburgh International Science Festival March 25th, 2010
- Brockmann et al video wins the non-interactive media category in Science 2009 Visualization Challenge March 5th, 2010
- Features in Physics World magazine March 3rd, 2010
- New publication on the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences December 23rd, 2009
- Epiwork meeting in Turin from 16 to 18 November 2009 November 12th, 2009
- The Grote Griepmeting in Vaccine’s latest issute October 20th, 2009
- Epiwork @ECCS09 September 22nd, 2009
- Predicting the spread of Influenza A September 15th, 2009
- Flu Trackers, Internet surveillance and Bluetooth: the new technologies become protagonists in the fight against influenza September 8th, 2009
- UK flu survey opening is a huge success! August 3rd, 2009
- Influenzanet in the UK is Flusurvey July 17th, 2009
- First Epiwork – WP5 meeting in Amsterdam, 25-26th of May, 2009 June 5th, 2009
- Swine flu, surveillance and modelling May 6th, 2009
- Kickoff meeting of the Epiwork project February 3rd, 2009